Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mi Casa Es Su Casa

As per request, here are some quick pics of the house.


It's the bidness room *wink wink* (messy, I know, hush)



My weird, outdoor shower and Zed's hangout


La cocina, where the blowknee and cream cheese burritos get made

The downstairs deck



Em's room

17 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Gorgeous! I love all the tile work and the openess and even the weird shower (minus lurking iguanas). I'm coming next week! ;)

Jes said...

That's one thing that's cheap as heck here and ergo used copiously and often in bizarre ways. We tiled walls, floors, ceilings, patios, I'm even thinking of getting me a tiled outfit :D

Melanie Hooyenga said...

BEAUTIFUL! Our floor tiles are very similar. :D

I'm so jealous, especially of the kitchen since we still don't have a countertop - one year later.

Thanks for posting these!

Jes said...

oh yeah, what is up with the kitchen with nothing in it? We saw a lot of places that had a sink...just a sink. No cupboards, no nothing.

Paprikapink said...

Nice! Very nice. I love the colors.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

We custom built our entire kitchen, bedroom closets, and bathroom vanity. We're still using the ugly ass sink that came with the place and no amount of scrubbing will get that thing clean.

Rumor has it a concrete guy is coming soon to build us a counter top, yay!

Spy Scribbler said...

Ohmigosh, you have the most beautiful house in the world. I am so jealous! I love your outdoor shower, too. Wow!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Concrete guy was here this morning.

*crosses fingers that ugly, stained, chipped, gappy wooden counter will soon be gone*

Jes said...

Thanks, Scribbler. I usually like it too, unless the construction crew starts climbing the coconut trees, lol.

Mel, I have an ugly concrete sink to but mine is outside in the laundry room so I don't have to look at it. Don't call it ugly, chipped and gapped, call it "rustic"

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Rustic, right. That's actually the word we've used to describe our furnishings. Did you know when you go to the kitchen/bathroom stores and ask for "rustic" tiles, they give you things with Aztec prints. Orangish-red tiles for the counter or walls do not seem to exist in Mexico.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Oh! This morning I was promised a new sink when the counter is installed. :D

Zilven said...

Now that's a lovely house, Em's room has such bright and cheerful colours. Truly gorgeous :)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Have you vanished again? Did the iguanas eat you?

Janna Leadbetter said...

Post a new post already! I'm tired of lookin' at your bidness room! ;)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

FLOFL!

lamaudite said...

I thought I had already commented in here a few months back when I looked at the pix.

Very colourful and relaxing. I love the hammock!

Now, to echo someone else above, post something else, dahlin'!

xxx

Melanie Hooyenga said...

mas! mas! mas!