Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bozlish and a Kidnapping

Since we came to Mexico, we've been spending a lot of time with my family in Guadalajara and my husband has been working on an entirely new idiom. He has no qualms whatsoever about mangling the Spanish language, in fact, he seems to relish the fact that he's creating an entirely new language based mostly on the average Spanish speaking three-year olds' verbal skills and his own auditory processing deficiencies. For example, when my grandmother tells him, "Dios te bendiga" (God bless you, something she says constantly) he happily responds with, "Albondigas!" (meatball soup).


In other news:
Balian, my adorably dorky Boston Terrier baby boy was kidnapped! A construction worker, working on a house up on the hill behind us, decided he'd just wander off with my dog the other day. After a frantic search and a rather reasonable greasing of a co-worker's palm (apparently, the kidnapper is not very well liked amongst his colleagues who repeatedly referred to him as 'that lazy...erm...ox'), we located Balian tied up in said construction worker's yard on the east side of town. When we confronted the kidnapper, his attitude was, to say the least, totally unrepentant. Apparently, he'd hoped to sell Balian to supplement his income as the guy who lays down on the building materials all day to make sure they don't blow away in the wind, but didn't bother to check and see whether Balian had procreative capabilities. He doesn't, for which he still gives me dirty looks, and that makes him utterly useless on the Mexican dog black market. At any rate, his response to my husband's demand for an explanation was, that dog's not worth a damn, go ahead and take it back. My husband's reply? "Oh, I'm so sorry. What kind of dog do you prefer so I can get me one."

"I coulda been kilt!"

13 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh, he's such a cute dog! I'm so glad you found him, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Can you post pictures of your house and its surroundings? I'm dying to see what it looks like!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

I still cannot believe the nerve of that guy! I mean, I can, but come on!

Good for Boz and his meatball soup. :D

Jes said...

Banana, I am trying to get my kid to d/l pics for me cuz she has he digital camera. Will get them up soon.

Mel, LOL, albondigas, baby!

Zilven said...

Oh my goodness, so Balian seemed like a dogly stud and this man thought he could sell him off like that and nobody would notice? Thank goodness you relocated Balian quickly, but as a man, he could have noticed that eum certain equipment isn't there? Lift the tail up and well, its quite obvious.

Boz and his special language, hehehe, will you keep score on how often he gets that soup offered? ;) It's so good to have you around again! *hugs*

Jes said...

I know, Rhaps. The thing is, Balian doesn't even have a frickin' tale. all he had to do was look down, lol.

I've missed you too. Hugs to the Kev xxx

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Does Bahlian know you're discussing his privates so openly? ;)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Crap, typo. How you do edit comments?

Zilven said...

Oh my... no tail at all? *giggle* So did he think Balian was a bitch?

We're doing fine honey, in January our family will be upgraded to four family members (Kev gets competition) :c)

Jes said...

LOL, Mel. You can't, you must learn to deal.

OMG, RHAPS!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I've been so dang busy and internetless, I haven't done much blog reading, well, especially not in Dutch. Boy? Girl? Do we know? Congrats again, sweety. How exciting for you.

Joshua said...

wow, awesome house gal. Thanks again for the nice comments, means alot :)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Okay, Dutch. Thank you. I went to said blog and couldn't understand anything. I'll have to ask my dad. :)

Jes, I've stopped editing my IMs because of you,but this is permanent!

Jes said...

hehe, so are your IMS, Mel. I post the really funny typos on my myspace, LMAO

I'm so just kidding, put the bottle of xanax down, honey.

Anonymous said...

March 30wow gold(Bloomberg) -- wow goldGeneral Motors Corp.wow goldChief Executivewow goldOfficer Rickwow goldWagoner was forcedwow goldout after President